• Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • admin
    Administrator
    Colonel

Serie Polnische Uniformen von Alexander Sauerweid

Hallo,

neben den Sachsen und Westphalen hat Alexander Sauerweid auch eine Serie über die Armee des Großherzogtum Polen angefertigt.

Nun meine Frage an die Leserschaft hier (v.a. aus Polen): wo findet sich denn ggf. eine Kopie dieser Serie?

Ich würde diese gerne - selbstverständlich auch gegen Entgelt - als dritte Serie auf Napoleon Online veröffentlichen und so das Werk Alexander Sauerweids abrunden.

Markus Stein
    "Wenn wir geboren werden, weinen wir, weil wir diese große Narrenbühne betreten" (King Lear) ... jedem also sein ganz persönliches (Hof-) Narrenleben
  • Horhe
    Neuer Benutzer
    Soldat

Will be problem. I don't know where could be, but possible in Warsaw.
    Main problem with polish sources from napoleonic period is that in 1939 and 1944 burned circa 70% documents and blueprints from National Main Archiv in Warsaw. Pity for us, scientists.

Kommentar

• admin
      Administrator
      Colonel

Zitat von Horhe Beitrag anzeigen
      Main problem with polish sources from napoleonic period is that in 1939 and 1944 burned circa 70% documents and blueprints from National Main Archiv in Warsaw. Pity for us, scientists.
      But more pity that the reason was the german occupation who did that harm to these sources ... not to think about the harm done to the Polish people.

And I'm very glad, that we live in such a peaceful time, where we could speak together with open minds and without any bad "vibrations".

Nice regards to Poland
      Markus Stein

P.S. and perhaps at least one copy of the surely very interesting series of Sauerweid has survived somewhere in Poland ... we don't know a copy in Germany
      "Wenn wir geboren werden, weinen wir, weil wir diese große Narrenbühne betreten" (King Lear) ... jedem also sein ganz persönliches (Hof-) Narrenleben

Kommentar

• Sas
        Neuer Benutzer
        Soldat

Hi,

Well I'm going to visit Polish army museum (but in August, if it would be possible of course) to serch for paintings of Saxon forces, I can try to look for Sauerweid's series of Polish army (althought I'm not very optimistic). Maybe something could be found in Kraków, or Breslau.

Best Regards
        Janek

Kommentar

• admin
          Administrator
          Colonel

Janek,

that would be very kind ... perhaps you know some people in Wroclaw or Krakow which may consult the regional archives or libraries.

That would be a kind of "sensation", as this series is unknown, so some think it doesn't exist and is just a "fata-morgana".

Nice regards to Poland
          Markus Stein

Kommentar

• admin
            Administrator
            Colonel

Krakow

I just heard from a friend, that one copy of the Sauerweid Poles is lying in Krakow (either Archive or the National Museum) ... perhaps one of our Polish friends may ask there for photos (again: I'll pay the expenses, of course depending on the sum).

Another copy is lying in the Bibliothèque Nationale in Paris, and that's really expensive

Nice regards
            Markus Stein

Kommentar

• aba
              Erfahrener Benutzer
              Tambour-Major

Very good news !

I´m really curious about that : So how much we would approximatly have to spent for photos from Bibliothèque Nationale in Paris. And moreover it is possible to oder such photos online via internet ?

Best regards

Alexander Baden

Kommentar

• Olek
                Neuer Benutzer
                Enfant de Troupe

Hello,

Army Museum in Warsaw possesses 3 plates by Saurweid representing Polish uniforms, i.e. Prince Poniatowski, AdC to Poniatowski and General de brigade.
                Best regards
                Olek

Kommentar

• admin
                  Administrator
                  Colonel

Olek,

thank you for this information ... is there any possibility to get photos of these plates?

I just learned, the original series of Sauerweid wasn't so huge as the Saxon or Westphalian series ... so perhaps we may collect them piece by piece.

aba: yes, it's possible to order images in Paris ... I'll publish this information during the next days.

Nice regards
                  Markus Stein

P.S. ich hoffe, das Schreiben in Englisch wird verziehen, aber hier geht es um eine wichtige Serie, die so ggf. an das Licht der Öffentlichkeit "gezerrt" werden kann

Kommentar

• HKDW
                    Erfahrener Benutzer
                    Colonel

The cost for BN depends, in case it is already on micorfilm, then the cost is not that high. Otherwise it is good that one can get such material.
                    Yves Martin can explain the procedure.

Kommentar

• Sas
                      Neuer Benutzer
                      Soldat

Hehehe I'd rather say it's very kind of YOU, beeing German, you are more interested in publishing pictures of Polish soldiers than many Poles. THAT is very nice

You have to make a diversion between Polish National Library (Biblioteka Narodowa) and Polish Army Museum in Warsaw. I have been in Library, and I have copied Saxon reglement of light infantry from 1810. It has around 50 pages, is of course in black and white. The overal cost was around 120 zl (it's around 30 euro). But there were no problems, I recommend. But as far as I can see they don't have Sauerweid's plates.

I have not been in Polish Army museum (I mean I was there but only on exhibition). As far as I know, they have special detachment, only with picutres of: Polish army of several periods, and foreign armies (it is funny because materials about polish army includes 19504 pictures etc, and for foreign armies 33076 ). If I remember correctly, price for one photo for normal non-comercial use was 30 zl (below 10 euro).
                      That's link to price list of Polish army museum (unfortunatelly in Polish :] ):

About Kraków - I have been there but as a little boy. It's quite far away from my home, but I'll try to visit the museum. Below is attached link to website of National Archivat in Kraków. It's English version:

I have collegue who is "professional" historian in Warsaw, I think he may be usefull in finding these documents. I'll ask him for help. One way or another, I think that finding these pictures is some kind "Polish matter of honour" so we will do our best (but as for me - plese give me some time).

Best Regards
                      Janek

Kommentar

• Olek
                        Neuer Benutzer
                        Enfant de Troupe

Hello Markus,

I believe there will be no problem to get the copies from the Museum. I am not sure about the copyright if you would like to publish them, but I can ask.

In Poland these plates are known also as "Rittner plates" (Rittner was the engraver).
                        According to Gembarzewski the whole set was composed of 10 plates. They were:
                        - Poniatowski
                        - Gen. de brigade
                        - Adjoint (état-major de l'armée)
                        - AdC to Poniatowski
                        - AdC to general
                        - sergeant of the 2nd inf. regt
                        - Commandant de Place
                        - Veterans
                        - Garde Nationale de Varsovie

Best regards
                        Aleksander

P.S. Here is Poniatowski by Sauerweid: [IMG][/IMG]

Kommentar

• Uwe Wild
                          Erfahrener Benutzer
                          Sergent

Sauerweid painted Bavarians too. Same style as the Westfalians and Saxons.

cheers
                          Uwe

Kommentar

• aba
                            Erfahrener Benutzer
                            Tambour-Major

That is very interesting. Polish units being still farly unsure exept for the three Morawski Volumes.

BTW :

I didn´t know Sauerweid did Bavarians, too. I only have a set of Russian cossacks attributed to Sauerweid being of somewhat different style showing landscape etc.

Best regards

Alexander Baden

Kommentar

• Uwe Wild
                              Erfahrener Benutzer
                              Sergent

Here you have one of Sauerweid's Bavarians. Another nice series.

cheers
                              Uwe
                              Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎